Under the laws of the State of Oregon, the DA’s Office is authorized to prosecute state felony and misdemeanor charges in Multnomah County. Our office is also authorized to prosecute all city code crimes in the city of Portland. ORS 8.650.
Our office is considered to be one of the nation’s leaders in drug courts, diversion programs, community courts, and neighborhood prosecutors. We strive for professionalism, fairness, and openness.
The DA’s Office is responsible for the following:
- Promoting public safety through the effective prosecution
- Protecting and advocating for the rights of crime victims
- Promoting programs that reduce crime
- Strongly advocating for children who are abused and neglected
- Aggressively pursuing the payment of child support
If you cannot find the information that you are looking for on this website or to report problems with this website, please email the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office (DA’s Office) at su.adcmnull@AD.